in addition to high heels, girls’ favorite items are bags. In order to reward their long years of hard work, many girls will spend a lot of money to buy high-end real leather bags. However, if these real leather bags are not properly cleaned and maintained, and are not properly stored, they are easy to wrinkle and mold. In fact, the cleaning and maintenance of real leather bags are not difficult at all. As long as you work hard and use the right method, your beloved high-end brand bags can be as beautiful as ever. Now let’s teach you some simple cleaning and maintenance methods of real leather bags.
1. If you don’t have a suitable cloth bag, the old pillowcase is also very suitable. Don’t put it in a plastic bag because the air in the plastic bag is not circulating, It will make the leather too dry and damaged. It’s better to put some cloth, small pillow or white paper in the bag to keep the shape of the bag.
here are several points to note: first, do not stack bags; Second, the cabinet used to store leather products must be kept ventilated, but desiccant can be placed in the cabinet; Third, unused real leather bags need to be fixed for a period of time to be oiled, maintained and air dried, so as to prolong their service life. Clean regularly every week
leather has strong absorption, some even can see pores, it is best to develop weekly cleaning and maintenance to prevent stains. Use soft cloth, dry it with water, wipe the real leather bag repeatedly, then wipe it with dry cloth, and put it in the ventilated place to dry in the shade. It’s worth noting that real leather bags should not come into contact with water. Carry them out in rainy days. In case of rain or water spilling, please remember to dry them with a dry cloth immediately instead of a hair dryer.
in addition, you can also wipe the surface of the bag every month with a clean soft cloth dipped with Vaseline (or special maintenance oil for leather) to keep the surface leather in good condition; Skin type;, To avoid cracks, but also has the basic waterproof effect, wipe after the completion of remember to stand about 30 minutes. It should be noted that Vaseline or maintenance oil should not be applied too much, so as not to block the pores of leather and cause air tightness.
3. If dirt appears, remove it immediately. If the real leather bag is stained with dirt, you can use a cotton pad to dip in makeup remover, and gently wipe the dirt to avoid too much force and leaving traces. As for the metal parts on the bag, if there is slight oxidation, you can use silver cloth or copper oil cloth to wipe.
in case of mildew of leather products, if the situation is not serious, wipe off the mold on the surface with a dry cloth, then spray 75% medicinal alcohol on another clean soft cloth to wipe the whole leather, and after ventilation and drying in the shade, apply a thin layer of Vaseline or maintenance oil to avoid mold breeding again. If the mildew still exists after wiping the surface with dry cloth, it means that the mold filaments have been deeply planted in the leather. It is suggested that the leather products should be sent to a professional leather maintenance shop for treatment.
4. In case of scratch, the finger pulp can be used to push and wipe
bag. In case of scratch, the finger pulp can be used to slowly and gently push and wipe until the scratch fades along the grease on the leather. If the scratch is still obvious, it is recommended to send the leather products to a professional leather maintenance shop for treatment. In case of discoloration due to scratch, wipe the discolored area with a dry cloth first, then apply an appropriate amount of leather repair paste with a sponge, evenly apply it to the defective area, and let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, wipe the area repeatedly with a clean cotton cloth.
5. Control humidity
if the budget is enough, using electronic moisture-proof box to store leather products, the effect will be better than the general cabinet. If the humidity of the electronic moisture-proof box is controlled at about 50% relative humidity, the leather products can be kept in a dry and not too dry environment. If there is no moisture box at home, you can use a dehumidifier to dehumidify, to avoid excessive moisture at home.
6. Avoid contact with rough and sharp objects
. To keep the real leather bag soft and comfortable, do not overload the contents and avoid damage caused by friction with rough and sharp objects. In addition, also avoid in the hot sun explosion, fire or extrusion, do not close to flammable goods, accessories do not get damp, do not close to acidic goods.
Use and maintenance of leather bag
1, keep dry, store in a cool and ventilated place.
2. Do not expose to the sun, bake, wash, impact with sharp objects or contact with chemical solvents.
3. If the bag is wet without any waterproof treatment, please wipe it with a soft cloth immediately to prevent wrinkles on the surface due to stains or watermarks. If used in rainy days, special attention should be paid.
4. Do not use shoe polish casually.
5. Don’t use wet water for sanding. Use rubber eraser and special products for cleaning. Don’t use shoe polish.
6. All metal fittings should be protected carefully. Humid and high salt environment will cause oxidation. When the leather bag is not in use, it is better to keep it in the cotton cloth instead of in the plastic bag, because the air in the plastic bag is not ventilated, which will make the leather too dry and damaged. It’s better to put some soft toilet paper in the bag to keep the shape of the bag. If you don’t have a suitable cloth bag, the old pillowcase will also work well.
8. Like shoes, leather bags are another type of active substance. If you use the same leather bags every day, it is easy to cause elastic fatigue of the leather. Therefore, it is necessary to use them interactively like shoes; If the bag is accidentally wet, you can first use a dry towel to absorb water, and then put some newspapers, magazines and other things in the shade to dry. Don’t directly expose it to the sun, it will make your beloved bag fade and deform.