nowadays, many people are familiar with probiotics, which is good for intestinal health and improves digestive function. But if you eat the wrong food, its effect will be greatly reduced. So, what are probiotics in daily life?
probiotics is a branch of bacteria. In daily life, & lt; Bacteria & quot; It also brings people a very uncomfortable feeling. Many people even want to live in a sterile world. However, in recent years, the rise of & lt; Probiotics & quot; But parents began to wonder: can eating bacteria really help them?
the definition generally accepted by the international nutrition circle is: probiotics are a kind of bacteria beneficial to animals, which can be directly taken as food additives to maintain the balance of intestinal flora.
1. Help digestion and absorption of nutrients. Many probiotics can produce digestive enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract. These enzymes can help the human body better digest the food and absorb the nutrients in the food. Probiotics can also competitively inhibit harmful microorganisms to absorb nutrients and enter the blood circulation system. Lactobacillus acidophilus is a representative strain in this field, which can secrete lactase to digest lactose and alleviate lactose intolerance.
2. Produce important nutrients
probiotics can produce vitamins, including pantothenic acid, nicotinic acid, B1, B2, B6 and vitamin K. at the same time, they can produce short chain fatty acids, antioxidants, amino acids and so on, which play an important role in bone growth and heart health.
3. It can resist the infection of bacteria and virus and enhance immunity. Probiotics can eliminate the harm of harmful bacteria to the body through three steps.
inhibited the growth of harmful bacteria. Probiotics inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria by producing chemicals to kill them and competing with them for space and resources.
inhibits toxin production by harmful bacteria.
eliminates toxins produced by harmful bacteria.
4. Prevention and treatment of certain diseases such as intestinal syndrome, respiratory tract infection, reproductive system infection, allergy, halitosis, gastric ulcer, etc.
It is suitable to take
in three situations. Then, under what circumstances should children take probiotics? There are mainly the following situations:
1. Diarrhea. Children’s diarrhea is easy to cause intestinal flora imbalance, probiotics can protect the intestinal mucosa, but also eliminate harmful bacteria, conducive to the digestion and absorption of nutrients. Therefore, it is generally recommended that patients take probiotics for 1-2 weeks after diarrhea.
2. 2 hours after taking antibiotics. Antibiotics can kill both harmful bacteria and beneficial bacteria. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria, but the interval between probiotics and antibiotics should be at least 2 hours.
3. Probiotics can improve infant eczema and treat allergy. Infant eczema is mainly caused by milk protein allergy in food, infant intestinal hypoplasia, food can not be fully decomposed, digested and absorbed, gastrointestinal mucosal immune function is not complete, leading to infant eczema. Probiotics can increase intestinal beneficial bacteria. In the course of treatment, infants were treated with hydrolyzed formula or desensitization therapy, together with probiotics.
How to eat probiotics?
1. It’s best to take it after meals. It’s not suitable to take it with hot water. No matter what kind of probiotics, it’s not suitable to take it with hot water. Use warm water or milk below 40 ℃, In order to prevent the active ingredients in the preparation from being inactivated in high temperature and reduce the efficacy. Gastric acid can affect the effective activity of probiotics, so the best time to take probiotics is after meals.
2. When taking these drugs, don’t take probiotics
. In addition, when probiotics are combined with antibacterial drugs, antibacterial drugs will inhibit the growth and reproduction of probiotics, even kill these living bacteria, thus making the drug ineffective; If the disease needs to be combined, it is recommended that the interval be 2 & mdash; 4 hours; Fungal agents, such as Saccharomyces boulardii, should not be taken together with antifungal agents.
in addition, probiotics should not be taken together with tannic acid, bismuth agent, aluminum hydroxide and other drugs to avoid their inhibition and kill probiotics. When taking medicinal charcoal, montmorillonite and other drugs with adsorption effect, the interval should be at least 1 hour to prevent probiotics from being absorbed and discharged from the body, which will affect the curative effect.
3. Beware of probiotic dependence
. Probiotics should not be abused because they are beneficial to human body. Medical research has proved that: long term use of probiotics will gradually reduce the ability of intestinal tract to reproduce normal flora, and over time will produce & quot; Probiotic dependence;. Therefore, although probiotics are beneficial, they should not be taken at will and should be taken under the guidance of doctors.
How to choose
yoghurt containing probiotics. In a healthy state, dairy products containing probiotics can be used as snacks, but pay attention to buy fresh and low-temperature preserved yogurt.
formula containing probiotics. Probiotics are added to some milk powder to make the baby’s intestines healthier.
beverage containing lactic acid bacteria. Yogurt in supermarkets contains a lot of lactic acid bacteria. But don’t drink too much. In a healthy state, don’t drink more than 2 bottles a day. If you are sick, ask your doctor if you can drink. Fresh cheese also contains probiotics.
to choose the best
to choose high quality probiotics is to choose & lt; It is safe, highly active and clinically proven; The probiotics in the diet. But it doesn’t mean that we have to choose a famous brand with a long history and high prestige in the world. Only those that are suitable for us are good.
it has been known that the efficacy of probiotics has & lt; A high degree of strain specificity & quot; Different strains, different strains, different suppliers, different strains ratio may have completely different effects, of course, this effect must be verified clinically. Therefore, we should choose probiotics according to different functional needs.
it is known that different age groups need different nutrition, and the health problems of different age groups are not the same, and the solutions are different. 0-6-year-old infants and children are the window period in their life, which also belongs to & lt; Immune deficiency period;. At this stage, gastrointestinal function and immune function are not perfect. The body’s resistance is weak. It is easy to develop digestive disorders, intestinal malabsorption and infectious diseases. At this stage, the probiotics can be maintained by probiotics to maintain the balance of the intestinal flora, which has great influence on the health of infants and young children. The customized probiotic products of different age groups are more suitable for the specific needs of infants and children of different ages, and belong to the baby’s own probiotics.
look at the live bacteria amount
probiotics powder plays a role in Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus casei and other probiotics, and only the living flora can have activity, can play a role in regulating the intestinal tract, improve the immune effect. Different number of live bacteria affect the efficacy. There are different probiotics in the market from 300000, 500000, 1 million, 5 billion, 12 billion and 30 billion. The higher the amount of human intake is not, the better. It should be taken according to the manufacturer’s safety instructions.