apple is one of the most commonly eaten fruits. Most people will peel and eat it again to avoid eating the artificial fruit wax on the surface of apple. But apple peeled or juiced, will lose a lot of important nutrients, and because the apple peel helps prevent cancer, so even with the pulp to eat better! Natural fruit wax is produced on the surface of apples to prevent water loss. However, in order to prevent deterioration, many vendors also apply artificial fruit wax on the skin of apples. Now follow to understand it!
Studies have shown that apple peel has a positive effect on prostate cancer and breast cancer. Cancer cells shut down one of the body’s natural defense mechanisms, and apple peel activates Maspin, a protein that inhibits cancer. In addition, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which has significant anti-cancer effect, especially for liver cancer, colon cancer and breast cancer. It is generally believed that apple peel and pulp can play a joint role in inhibiting common diseases, including heart disease, lung cancer, asthma, obesity, dementia and so on.
Apple is rich in phytochemicals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Just eat an apple, you can meet more than 10% of the daily vitamin C and dietary fiber. Fiber can provide a sense of fullness, reduce the possibility of eating too much, and prevent weight gain; Vitamin C can prevent the damage caused by free radicals. In addition, intestinal bacteria also use pectin, the main dietary fiber in apples, to produce compounds to protect intestinal cells.
The effect of eating apple with skin is
1. The dietary fiber in apple skin is the most. A medium-sized apple skin contains 4 or 4 grams of dietary fiber. After peeling, the dietary fiber in Apple meat was only 2 g or 1 g.
2, apple peel contains the most vitamins. The peel of medium-sized apple contains 8,4 mg vitamin C and 98 IU vitamin A. after peeling, the contents of these two vitamins in apple pulp are only 6,4 mg and 61 IU.
3. Apple skin can protect the lung. A study published in the American Journal of health found that apple skin is rich in natural antioxidant quercetin, which can protect the lung from pollutants. Eating at least five apples a week with skin can improve lung function.
4 Apple with skin protects memory. An early study also found that quercetin, an antioxidant rich in apple peel, helps protect memory by helping prevent brain tissue damage associated with degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Apple peel has anti-cancer effect. A study by Professor Liu Ruihai, a food science expert at Cornell University, and his colleagues published in the Journal of agricultural and food chemistry in the United States found that apple peel has good anti-cancer and anti-cancer effect. The researchers identified more than 10 kinds of three terpenes from apple peel, which can inhibit the growth of cancer cells such as liver cancer, colon cancer or breast cancer, and also kill cancer cells.
6. Eating an apple with skin every day helps to lose weight. Apple is a high fiber, low calorie food. It’s not easy to feel hungry if you often eat it, and the intake of calories is less, which helps to lose weight.
The beauty effect of apple is
1. It can whiten the skin. Apple contains a lot of vitamin C. eating apple often can help eliminate freckles and black spots and keep the skin tender and ruddy.
2, whitening teeth, apple is rich in cellulose, the fine fiber can remove the dirt between the teeth, let you have enough confidence smile.
3, detoxification and beauty. Apple is rich in pectin, which helps to regulate intestinal peristalsis, and the fiber it contains can help remove the garbage in the body, thus helping you detoxify and beauty.
4 Compared with other fruits, apple can provide negligible fat. It contains almost no protein and provides few calories, with an average of 60 calories per 100g. Moreover, it is rich in malic acid, which can effectively disperse the accumulated fat in the body, so as to prevent overweight.
natural fruit wax is produced on the surface of apples to prevent water loss. However, in order to prevent deterioration and maintain appearance, many vendors also apply artificial fruit wax on the skin of apples. If you want to remove the wax from the apple skin, you can wash it with warm water or hot water, and then brush it gently with a toothbrush to remove the wax. Another diet expert suggested that the use of lemon peel or pulp, dipped in a little baking soda powder and salt, repeatedly scrub the apple surface, the fruit wax polished off, and then rinse with water.