What is whey protein concentrate?

whey protein is actually a kind of protein extracted from milk, which is known as the king of protein. The nutritional value of this protein is very high, and it is easy to be digested and absorbed by the human body. Therefore, in order to facilitate the period, researchers make it into whey protein concentrate through some operations. Let’s take a look at some knowledge introduction of whey protein concentrate.

whey protein refers to the protein dissolved and dispersed in whey, accounting for about 18% – 20% of milk protein. It can be divided into heat stable whey protein and heat unstable whey protein. When the whey solution was boiled for 20 minutes at pH 4.6-4.7, the heat labile whey proteins, mainly including lactalbumin and lactoglobulin, precipitated; The non precipitated proteins are heat stable proteins, which account for about 19% of whey proteins. When adding saturated ammonium sulfate or saturated magnesium sulfate to neutral whey, the protein that is dissolved but not precipitated is lactalbumin, while the protein that can be precipitated but not dissolved is lactoglobulin.

whey protein is a precious protein extracted from milk by advanced technology. It is regarded as the “king of protein” because of its high purity, high absorption rate and the most reasonable amino acid composition. Whey protein is not only easy to digest, but also has the characteristics of high biological value, high digestibility, high protein efficiency ratio and high utilization rate. It is one of the recognized high-quality protein supplements for human body. The composition of milk is 87% water and 13% milk solids. In milk solids, 27% is milk protein, only 20% is whey protein, and the other 80% is casein. Therefore, the content of whey protein in milk is only 0.7%.

with the continuous development of product technology and the increasingly fierce competition of protein products, whey protein products are gradually diversified. Whey protein products with concentrated whey protein, separated whey protein and protein peptides have appeared in the market. For whey protein concentrate, whey powder can be obtained by directly drying whey. The whey protein content is very low, generally more than 10%, not more than 30%. Whey protein concentrate is the product of whey clarification, ultrafiltration and drying. Different filtration degree can get the product with protein concentration ranging from 34% to 80%.

through the above introduction of whey protein and whey protein concentrate, we have a basic understanding. Because there are a lot of whey protein products in the market. For safety, doctors suggest that when you buy this product, you must go to a regular drugstore to buy it. Secondly, you should pay attention to the date of purchase, so as not to affect the illness after expiration.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *